Applied Geoscience & Environmental Restoration Program
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, University of British Columbia, Canada, 2014.
Current RolePostdoctoral appointee, Applied Geosciences and Environmental Management.
CapabilitiesModeling and optimization; risk analysis, decision and uncertainty analysis in civil and environmental engineering.
- Modeler: Development of a computer-based model for simulating water use of power plants; application of machine learning techniques for big data collected at multiple scales; integration of multiple models using various paradigms; and distributed computing of large-scale models. Development of ArcGIS tools for handling spatial data; and regional water resource, contaminant, sediment transport modeling.
- Risk, decision, and uncertainty analyst: Development of risk assessment methods for environmental and urban infrastructure management; selection of risk management alternatives using multi-criteria decision analysis approaches; uncertainty quantification of decisions and models using probabilistic, fuzzy, and other frameworks.
- Sessional Lecturer: Has taught Reliability Engineering and System Safety, and Optimization and Decision Analysis courses for undergraduate engineering students at the University of British Columbia.
- Author: Author of several peer-reviewed publications.