Surface Meteorology Team
DegreePh.D., Atmospheric Science, McGill University, 2007.
Current RolePrincipal Atmospheric Remote Sensing Engineer, Atmospheric Science and Climate Research, with responsibility for developing cloud analyses for climate and energy sectors.
CapabilitiesTwo decades of international meteorology experience; success in multicultural and interdisciplinary teams; publications on cloud physics and field measurement analyses (100+ journal citations).
- Principal investigator: Acceleration of cloud microphysical retrievals for climate models; atmospheric remote sensing for Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics; microphysical properties of tropical rain.
- Conference leader: Session chair, conferences on radar meteorology and workshop on mesosphere-stratosphere-troposphere radar; local organizing committee, World Meteorological Organization (WMO) Symposium on Nowcasting, 2009.
- Field experimentalist: Atmospheric Radiation Measurement Program; experiments for other U.S. agencies, Environment Canada, and the WMO.
- Meteorology instructor: 2010 Winter Olympics forecasters; mountain weather course; WMO Regional Training Center, Costa Rica.
- Weather forecaster: Costa Rican weather service; Canadian Meteorological Centre; U.S. National Hurricane Center.