Environmental Systems Engineer
Energy & Environmental Systems Department
- M.S., Environmental Engineering, University of Tennessee, 1977.
Current RoleEnvironmental Systems Engineer, DOE Oak Ridge Office of Environmental Management.
CapabilitiesRadiological risk assessment; radiation dosimetry modeling; nuclear safety analysis; radioactive and hazardous waste management; site remediation under federal laws; decontamination and decommissioning; environmental fate and transport analysis; environmental assessment; regulatory compliance reviews/audits.
- Principal investigator: Development and evaluation of safety basis documentation for DOE nuclear facilities, other documents under federal requirements, and waste management programs. Risk assessment for contaminated sites. Regulatory compliance audits/assessments.
- Developer/project manager: Computational methodologies and regulatory guidance for estimating radiation doses and health risks.
- Program manager/engineer: Site assessment and design of remedial action programs for radiologically contaminated sites.
- Regional manager and technical director: Full-service environmental engineering company serving commercial industry and government agencies.
- Research scientist: Developer of mathematical models for radiation dosimetry and environmental fate and transport analysis.