David J. LePoire
Software Engineer Environmental Systems
Ecological Science & Environmental Risk Department
- Ph.D., Computer Science, DePaul University, 2003.
Current RoleEnvironmental Systems Analyst, Radiation and Chemical Risk Management.
CapabilitiesExploration of interactions of energy, environment, and technology; development of models and software for environmental transport of radionuclides; support for homeland and national security projects.
- Team member: Participated in Radiological Assistance Program and the Highly Enriched Uranium Transparency Program; conducted research in various homeland security radiological aspects.
- RESRAD developer/trainer: Developed aspects of environmental transport models, user interface, and training for the RESRAD software, which enables determination of cleanup levels at radioactively contaminated sites.
- Lead author: Researched energy, environment, and technology interactions including logistic transitions in physics research, energy fuel source, and environmental action; identified trends and options for potential scenarios.
- Nuclear tool developer: Conducted research at various laboratories with pulsed neutron generator for oil well exploration, ion-surface interactions, and holographic optical traps.