Shruti Khadka Mishra
- Ph. D., Environmental Science and Applied Economics, Ohio State University, 2009
- M.S., Agricultural, Environmental, and Development Economics, Ohio Stat University, 2005
Current RoleComputational Economist
CapabilitiesDevelops and uses an integrated assessment framework to estimate economic value of ecosystem services; economic analyses; benefit costs analyses; estimates changes in economic value of ecosystem service using a multidisciplinary approach that couples econometric modeling with bio-physical modeling and geospatial analysis; distills and analyzes information under given regulatory frameworks to provide a strong foundation for informing economic policy decisions in energy and land/water resources sectors.
- Principal Investigator:
- Estimating the economic value of climate-induced change on river flow and associated economic output in high Mountain Asia (NASA).
- Estimating the economic benefits of solar pollinator habitat in the United States (DOE).
- Economic valuation of goods and ecosystem services of the Bhagirathi River, India (Department of Science and Technology, Government of India).
- Clean Ganga and green energy through farm waste management in Uttarakhand (Department of Science and Technology, Government of India).
- Contributor: Valuing ecosystem services in alternative bioenergy landscape scenarios (DOE).
- Consultant: The World Bank.
- Author: Ms. Mishra’s research has been published in peer reviewed journals, as reports, and in policy briefs, and shared with governmental agencies and professional societies.