Shruti Khadka Mishra
Natural & Sociocultural Systems Department
- Ph. D., Environmental Science and Applied Economics, Ohio State University, 2009
- M.S., Agricultural, Environmental, and Development Economics, Ohio State University, 2005
Current RoleComputational Economist
CapabilitiesDevelop and use integrated assessment framework to estimate the economic value of ecosystem services. Conducts economic analyses, benefit-cost analyses, and estimates changes in economic value of ecosystem service use multidisciplinary approach that couples econometric model with biophysical model and geospatial analyses. Distills and analyzes information under a variety of regulatory frameworks to provide a strong foundation for informing economic policy decisions in energy and land and water resource sectors.
- Principal Investigator:
- Economic valuation of climate-induced change on river flow and associated economic output in High Mountain Asia (NASA).
- Valuation of the ecosystem service of solar pollinator habitat in the United States (DOE).
- Economic Valuation of Goods and Ecosystem Services of Bhagirathi River in India (Department of Science and Technology, Government of India).
- Clean Ganga and Green Energy through Farm Waste Management in Uttarakhand (Department of Science and Technology, Government of India).
- Estimation of damages to water resources associated with mining operations (DOE).
- Estimation of damages to water resources associated with land use changes related to agriculture (USGS).
- Contributor: Valuation of the ecosystem services in alternative bioenergy landscape scenarios (DOE).
- Consultant: The World Bank.
- Author: Dr. Mishra’s research has been published in peer-reviewed journals, technical reports, and policy briefs, and shared with governmental agencies and professional societies.