Shruti Khadka Mishra
Natural & Sociocultural Systems Department
- Ph. D., Environmental Science and Applied Economics, Ohio State University, 2009.
- M.S., Agricultural, Environmental, and Development Economics, Ohio State University, 2005.
Current RoleComputational Economist
CapabilitiesDevelops and uses an integrated assessment framework to estimate the economic value of ecosystem services. Conducts economic analyses and benefit-cost analyses. Estimates changes in economic value of ecosystem service using a multidisciplinary approach that couples econometric modeling with biophysical modeling and geospatial analyses. Distills and analyzes information under a variety of regulatory frameworks to provide a strong foundation for informing economic policy decisions in the energy and land and water resource sectors.
- Principal Investigator:
- Estimation of economic valuation of climate-induced change on river flow and associated economic output in High Mountain Asia (NASA).
- Development of the capability to generate high-resolution decision variables for creating win-win scenarios for energy and water quality (DOE/Argonne).
- Identification of pollinator habitat hotspots and economic analysis of creating solar pollinator habitat in the United States (DOE).
- Estimation of damages to water resources associated with mining operations (DOE).
- Estimation of damages to water resources associated with land use changes related to first generation bioenergy crops (USGS).
- Contributor: Valuation of ecosystem services in alternative bioenergy landscape scenarios (DOE).
- Consultant, World Bank:
- Evaluation of climate change impacts and mitigation measures in developing countries.
- Economic assessment of projects on carbon dioxide emission reduction from various energy sectors.
- Economic analysis of improved forest management practices.
- Author: Dr. Mishra has published her research in peer-reviewed journals, technical reports, and policy briefs, and has shared her work with governmental agencies and professional societies.