Principal Cultural Resources Specialist
Natural & Sociocultural Systems Department
- M.S., Industrial Archaeology, Michigan Technological University, 1997.
Current RolePrincipal Cultural Resources Specialist, Land and Renewable Resources.
CapabilitiesExpertise in cultural assessments, surveys, and mitigation and in developing formal agreements and management plans for federal agencies.
- Principal investigator: Archaeological investigations and historic building surveys; Historic American Engineering Record documentations of nuclear research reactors, satellite tracking antennas, the Distant Early Warning line, and nuclear facilities.
- Cultural resource program manager: Argonne cultural resource program and initiatives. Resources include 2 historic districts, 42 archaeological sites (c. 9,000 years ago to the 19th century), and many historically significant engineering and research facilities.
- Program assessor: For the Air Force Material Command, evaluated cultural resource programs at numerous military installations for adequacy and effectiveness.
- Consultant: Historic property assessments on the University of Chicago campus; investigated archaeological remains of Chicagos Pullman neighborhood; investigated and documented logging and mining industry components in northern Michigan.