Principal Meteorological Specialist
Atmospheric Radiation Measurement Field Program
- M.S., Geography, Northern Illinois University, 2001
Current RolePrincipal Meteorology Specialist, Atmospheric Science and Climate Research; Assistant Site Manager of the DOE Atmospheric Radiation Measurement (ARM) Southern Great Plains (SGP) Facility, with responsibility for management and oversight.
CapabilitiesApplied climatology and related studies; remote sensing in studies of surface-boundary layer energy exchange, turbulence, and diffusion. Management and oversight of field and remote operations for meteorological programs.
- AMF2 technical operations manager: Responsible for ARMs $10 million mobile climate observatory and instrumentation during land-based deployments in Colorado, the Maldives, and Finland and shipboard deployments aboard the Horizon Spirit and NOAA ship Ronald H. Brown.
- ARM surface meteorology mentor: Responsible for ARM surface meteorological networks; co-mentor of the balloon-borne sounding system as a member of the ARM instrument team.
- GIS technician: Developed enterprise geographic information system for DeKalb County, Illinois, by using MGE and Microstation; assisted in migration from a cadastral environment to GeoMedia Professional.
- Weather specialist, U.S. Air Force: Observed, encoded, and disseminated visually and electronically measured weather variables; highest rank obtained: E-4/Sergeant.