Principal Meteorological Specialist
Atmospheric Radiation Measurement Field Program
- M.S., Geography, Northern Illinois University, 2001
Current RoleSite Manager, overseeing ARM’s $29 million dollar Climate Research Facility in the Southern Great Plains (SGP). The SGP provides the world’s most comprehensive continuous observational capabilities for obtaining atmospheric data specifically for weather and climate research.
CapabilitiesApplied climatology and related studies; remote sensing in studies of surface-boundary layer energy exchange, turbulence, and diffusion. Management and oversight of field and remote operations for meteorological programs.
- AMF2 technical operations manager: Responsible for ARMs $10 million mobile climate observatory and instrumentation during land-based deployments in Colorado, the Maldives, and Finland and shipboard deployments aboard the Horizon Spirit and NOAA ship Ronald H. Brown.
- ARM surface meteorology mentor: Responsible for ARM surface meteorological networks; co-mentor of the balloon-borne sounding system as a member of the ARM instrument team.
- GIS technician: Developed enterprise geographic information system for DeKalb County, Illinois, by using MGE and Microstation; assisted in migration from a cadastral environment to GeoMedia Professional.
- Weather specialist, U.S. Air Force: Observed, encoded, and disseminated visually and electronically measured weather variables; highest rank obtained: E-4/Sergeant.