Environmental Scientist/Department Head
Natural & Sociocultural Systems Department
- M.A., Anthropology, Northern Illinois University, 1991.
- B.A., Sociology/Anthropology and Mathematics, North Central College, 1988.
Current RoleSpecialist in cultural and paleontological resources and Native American concerns.
CapabilitiesEnvironmental impact analysis for energy development; geographic information system (GIS) applications in archaeology, impact assessments, and facility planning; predictive modeling of archaeological site distributions; museum curation; cultural resources management and impact mitigation, including consideration of cultural and sacred landscapes.
- Project manager: Arizona Solar Regional Mitigation Strategy; environmental reviews for new reactor early site permit and combined operating licenses; wind energy, oil shale, and tar sands programmatic evaluations.
- Principal investigator: Nuclear reactor license renewals; archaeological surveys; historic building inventories; artifact curation.
- Technical lead: National Environmental Policy Act assessments of energy-related impacts on cultural and paleontological resources, and on resources of concern to Native Americans; long-term monitoring and mitigation strategies; National Historic Preservation Act consultation; GIS applications in cultural resources management; training supporting environmentally responsible solar energy development.