- B.S. Environmental Chemistry, Saginaw Valley State University.
Certified safety professional, manager, president, and consultant with over twenty years of experience as an ESH professional in construction, heavy industrial, commercial, mining, electric power generation (nuclear and fossil fuels), and manufacturing (chemical, food, and petroleum).
General areas of expertise include safety/health program design, behavioral-based safety, incident investigation, root cause and statistical reporting and leading indicators, leadership and management in industrial hygiene; hazardous waste operations and emergency response; environmental protection and remediation; hazard evaluation; safety/health communication and training; and safety/health development for training and education.
Expert knowledge in regulations promulgated by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, American National Standards Institute, National Fire Protection Association, and the Department of Transportation, as well as Occupational Health and Safety Management systems, International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 18001, and OSHA Voluntary Protection Programs (VPPs).
- ESH Coordinator: Currently provides executive-level safety, health, and environmental management leadership for EVS with the aim of creating a culture of candor through trust, guidance, direction, and coaching.
- Subject Matter Expert: Currently provides subject matter expertise in the disciplines of Physical Safety and Confined Spaces for projects and programs at Argonne.
- Special Government Employee: Department of Labor, OSHA.
- VPP Manager: For twelve years, of which eight were OSHA recordable incident free.