Assistant Atmospheric Scientist
Climate & Earth System Science Department
- Ph.D., Earth & Atmospheric Sciences, Purdue University, 2012.
Current RoleAtmospheric Science and Climate Research with a specialization in atmospheric remote sensing.
CapabilitiesAtmospheric remote sensing, investigation of planetary boundary layer; Utilization of wind profiling instruments in atmospheric research; Aerosol detection and retrieval of aerosol optical properties with micropulse lidars.
- Instrument development: Development and testing of airborne GPS radio occultation instrument system.
- Field campaign: Argonne team for an 18-month DOE Wind Forecast Improvement Project in Complex Terrain (WFIP2) field campaign; Pre-Depression Investigation of Cloud-systems in the Tropics field campaign.
- Instrument mentor: DOE Atmospheric Radiation Measurement program instrument mentor for the network of radar wind profilers, micropulse lidars, and a sodar.
- Awards: Faculty for the Future Fellowship, Schlumberger Foundation (2007-2012); Recipient of Women in Science Award at Purdue University, IN for 2008 and 2012.
- Author: Several peer-reviewed publications.