Environmental Nuclear Scientist
Nuclear, Rad & Environmental Chemistry and Risk Management Department
- Ph.D., Nuclear Engineering, Penn State University, 1984.
Current RoleEnvironmental Nuclear Scientist, Radiation and Chemical Risk Management, with responsibility for management and strategic direction of RESRAD model development and risk assessment.
CapabilitiesModeling of radionuclide transport in the environment; radiological dose and risk assessment for humans, flora, and fauna; development of operational guidelines for responding to nuclear emergencies; performance assessment for radioactive waste disposal facilities.
- Program manager and principal investigator: RESRAD model development and risk assessment for DOE and the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
- RESRAD trainer: More than 100 courses in the United States and abroad, including courses sponsored by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in Ukraine, Malaysia, Greece, and Austria.
- Consultant: Use of mathematical models in environmental remediation (IAEA, Vienna, Austria) and radiological protection (Taiwan, Republic of China [ROC]).
- Presenter: Numerous invited presentations and short courses for the ROC, IAEA, and professional societies, on RESRAD, radiological dose assessment, biota dose assessment, and derivation of cleanup criteria.